Each year, the Show brings together more than 100 U.S. and international artisans and dealers, including a number of I.G.M.A. Artisans and Fellows. They offer collectors unique, well-crafted 1-inch, 1/2-inch, and 1/4-inch scale miniatures from around the world.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

At the Show - Exhibit

This week, we are sharing the "Ward & Company Radio Shop" exhibit. This amazing piece is from the collection of Connie Sauve, Exhibit Chairman. The photos are by her.

"I was inspired by the idea of a radio shop inside a radio," Connie says "I started searching radios, and quickly found out there aren't any out there. This whole project was made by Walter Buffinton. I bought it mostly as is from him on eBay. I made it my own by making a few changes. I repainted some of the outside, changed a few of the signs and other things. Then I added a couple radios and cats. I still want to add a proprietor and a customer."


















Conne Sauve is an IGMA Fellow in Figures (Costuming) and is well-known for her fine 1:12 scale porcelain dolls. She sells as The China Doll. http://www.thechinadoll.com/

Walter Buffinton sells on eBay as miniradioshop54. http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/miniradioshop54/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

No comments:

Post a Comment